Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Challenge

Working in a bookshop is pretty cool - I get to spend most days surrounded by my favourite thing in the world. Yes, there's a lot more to it than sitting around and reading, but I do get to read a lot more than I have in any other job.

I must admit that I have a problem, and I think it's one that a lot of people have - I tend to read the same sorts of books by the same sorts of authors, and never make the time to read anything new. So I decided that over the next year, I would force myself to read other things. I set myself a challenge.

The rules are easy:
One "new" author for each letter, with new meaning one I've not read before.
One book per author.
Two weeks per book, during which time I must read the book more than once.
At the end of the two weeks, I write a "review" of the book.
NO sci-fi, fantasy, YA, or supernatural fiction (because those are what I usually read).

The challenge officially started at the beginning of the month, but I'm only just getting around to setting up the blog now because I spent a long time agonising over the name. I've already read through the first book once, but I feel it would be best to read through everything twice (or more if possible) before I review it. The first review will be posted at some point next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment